FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & MORE
Read below to be in the know.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE BEST CLASS FOR A NEW STUDENT?
Unwind is class is a great place to start if you want to ease your way into it. The room is heated to 90° and the class is slow-paced and gentle. You’ll leave you feeling relaxed and stress-free, it’s the perfect class to begin your hot yoga journey!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Wear clothes that you feel comfortable sweating in and that allow for a wide range of movement. Sweat-wicking workout clothing that is form-fitting tends to work best. Avoid thick, cotton materials if possible.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Bring a plastic or metal water bottle, yoga mat, long towel to cover your mat and a small sweat towel. If you don’t have a yoga mat or mat towel, you can rent them at the studio. If it’s your first class, mat and towel rentals are on the house.
WHY DO WE PRACTICE IN THE HEAT?
Heat helps your muscles relax and open up, which helps you get a deeper stretch. It also helps detoxify the body, improves circulation, increases your heart rate for a better cardiovascular workout and improves strength by putting muscle tissue in optimal state for reorganization. All in all, a hot yoga class will do much more for your body than a non-heated class.
You are reshaping and creating a healthier body and healthier mind!
- Doors open 15 minutes before class begins and lock when class begins for the safety of our students and their belongings, we are unable to accommodate late entries
- Slip your shoes off at the front door (before stepping off of the rugs), this helps keep our space clean and fresh
- Leave your personal belongings in the cubbies to avoid clutter in the hot room
- Drink plenty of water and electrolytes to prepare your body for the demands of hot exercise and sweating. We do sell water, coconut juice and electrolyte drinks if you forget yours!
- We recommend not eating 2 hours before you take class to avoid nausea and to allow the body to fully digest.
- Deodorant is great; smelly perfumes and lotions are not. Many people are allergic and sensitive to strong perfumes. Please refrain from applying them before class.
IN THE HOT ROOM
- Remain quiet in the hot room before class to maintain a relaxing environment for our fellow yogis
- Silence all watches and avoid using devices during class, this is your time to relax, unwind and disconnect from the outside world and to connect to yourself
- Stay in the room for the duration of class to avoid distraction to others, leaving can negatively impact the room’s temperature
- Let your teacher know before class if you need to leave early, set up near the door and leave when it is least disruptive
- Feel free to rest at any point throughout the class or to tailor your practice by skipping a pose or modifying its depth, but try to stay with the teacher’s instruction as doing so has a noticeable impact on the energy of the class
- Remain quiet until leaving the hot room
- Spray your mat outside of the hot room if students are still in savasana, resting or stretching
READY TO GIVE IT A TRY?
THE FINE PRINT
Cancellation and No Show Policy
All Membership and Package purchases are final and we are unable to process refunds. If you are unable to attend class, please cancel your booking through Vagaro as soon as possible to ensure that your class is credited back to your Membership or Package and/or refunded to your initial form of payment.
If you are unable to attend your appointment (Personal Yoga Instruction Session or Private Party), please let us know more than 48 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to do so will result in inability to process a refund; your appointment and payment will be forfeited.
If the hot yoga class that you wish to attend is fully booked, please add yourself to the waitlist. Oftentimes, other students may cancel their booking. When another student cancels their booking, this means that a spot can open up for you! After a spot become available, you will receive an email notification asking you to confirm if you’d like to join the class (make sure your notifications are turned on!).
- Class Packs are valid for regularly scheduled classes only.
- Activation date begins when you purchase the class package.
- Class Packs must be used within the specified time period, no extensions will be granted.
- Class Packs for are exclusively for personal use only and are non-transferrable to other members and must not be sold, traded, gifted, shared, provided or otherwise transferred to any other person at any time.
Membership General Terms
- Memberships will continue to automatically renew after the agreed upon term unless Sweat Shop Hot Yoga is advised by the Student to cancel.
- Membership activation date begins from the date of purchase.
- Memberships are exclusively for personal use only and are non-transferrable and must not be sold, traded, gifted, shared, provided or otherwise transferred to any other person at any time.
- Please note Sweat Shop Hot Yoga may sometimes change terms and conditions, class schedule, teachers, opening and closing hours, services, facilities or fees and does not offer reductions, refunds, extensions, credits or transfers on Memberships for any reason.
- Membership fees will be charged in advance on the agreed upon charge frequency. Membership fees are agreed upon when signing up.
- It is the Student’s responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover applicable Membership fees.
- If a payment is declined for any reason, a non-negotiable $10 fee will be passed onto the Student and ability to book or attend classes will be suspended until all payments have been settled.
- Students will be permitted three (3) days to resubmit payment for declined auto renews.
- Sweat Shop Hot Yoga reserves the right to try for this payment until it is successful. For every attempt failing, this will attract an additional non-negotiable $10 fee.
- If the debit from the nominated bank account or credit card for a Membership fees fails after attempts lasting a period of 2 weeks or more, Sweat Shop Hot Yoga may in its absolute discretion cancel the Membership and a payout fee will apply.
- To avoid additional charges or disruption to your service please contact Sweat Shop Hot Yoga and let us know if you require an alternative payment arrangement or need to alter your payment schedule.
- Sweat Shop Hot Yoga is in no way responsible for additional fees that a Student may incur from their bank in relation to processing payment of fees for Memberships. Bank fees lie between you and your bank.
- By singing up for a Membership the Student agrees to the terms and conditions of Sweat Shop Hot Yoga.
Membership Cancellation Terms
- Sweat Shop Hot Yoga requires a 14-day notice to cancel Memberships and Packages.
- To cancel your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations will not be accepted via telephone, in person, social media, email or any other method.
- Please note we are unable to backdate cancellations and any membership payments.
- All account debts must be settled before cancellation of membership, this includes all late cancellation and no show fees incurred.
- Cancellation of your Membership means that you will forfeit your secured membership rate.
Sweat Shop Hot Yoga does not offer returns, refunds, exchanges, extensions or transfers whether this be due change of mind, user error, injury, illness, pregnancy, change of address, change of financial circumstance or unsuitability. Please be mindful of this when accessing our website and booking system and when signing up for services and classes.