FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & MORE
Read below to be in the know.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE BEST CLASS FOR A NEW STUDENT?
Unwind is class is a great place to start if you want to ease your way into it. The room is heated to 90° and the class is slow-paced and gentle. You’ll leave you feeling relaxed and stress-free, it’s the perfect class to begin your hot yoga journey!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Wear clothes that you feel comfortable sweating in and that allow for a wide range of movement. Sweat-wicking workout clothing that is form-fitting tends to work best. Avoid thick, cotton materials if possible.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Bring a plastic or metal water bottle, yoga mat, long towel to cover your mat and a small sweat towel. If you don’t have a yoga mat or mat towel, you can rent them at the studio. If it’s your first class, mat and towel rentals are on the house.
WHY DO WE PRACTICE IN THE HEAT?
Heat helps your muscles relax and open up, which helps you get a deeper stretch. It also helps detoxify the body, improves circulation, increases your heart rate for a better cardiovascular workout and improves strength by putting muscle tissue in optimal state for reorganization. All in all, a hot yoga class will do much more for your body than a non-heated class.
You are reshaping and creating a healthier body and healthier mind!
Please help keep our community a welcoming, peaceful and clean space for all by being mindful or our TLC’S.
- The hot room is a silent space for meditation and relaxation before, during and after class.
- Positive and uplifting conversations are encouraged in the entry area.
- Stay in the hot room for the duration of class.
- Listen to your body and rest as needed.
- Remove shoes before stepping off entry mats.
- Place all belongings and bags in cubbies, the hot room is a phone free space during class.
- Avoid distractions such as interacting with smart watches, fanning yourself off and spraying mats while others are resting.
S (SOME ADDITIONAL REMINDERS)
- Doors open 15 minutes before class and lock when class begins. Our studio closes 15 minutes after class finishes.
- Drink plenty of water and electrolytes to prepare your body for the demands of hot exercise and sweating. We have water, coconut juice and electrolyte drinks available for purchase if you forget yours.
- We recommend not eating 2 hours before you take class to avoid nausea and to allow the body to fully digest.
- Many are allergic or sensitive to strong scents, please refrain from applying perfumes and fragrant lotions before class.
READY TO GIVE IT A TRY?
THE FINE PRINT
Cancellation and No Show Policy
All Membership and Package purchases are final and we are unable to process refunds. If you are unable to attend, please cancel online 4 hours before class to avoid a $10 late cancellation fee, no shows will incur a $15 fee.
When a spot is booked but unused, it takes a spot that could have gone to another student.
To Cancel Class in the Sweat Shop Hot Yoga app or our online booking system:
- Select your profile
- Select the class
- Select ‘Withdraw’
If you are unable to attend an event or appointment (Personal Yoga Instruction Session or Private Party), please let us know more than 48 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to do so will result in inability to process a refund; your appointment and payment will be forfeited.
If the hot yoga class that you wish to attend is fully booked, please add yourself to the waitlist. Oftentimes, other students may cancel their booking. When another student cancels their booking, this means that a spot can open up for you! After a spot become available, you will receive an email notification asking you to confirm if you’d like to join the class (make sure your notifications are turned on!).
- Class Packs are valid for regularly scheduled classes only.
- Activation date begins when you purchase the class package.
- Class Packs must be used within the specified time period, no extensions will be granted.
- Class Packs for are exclusively for personal use only and are non-transferrable to other members and must not be sold, traded, gifted, shared, provided or otherwise transferred to any other person at any time.
Membership General Terms
- Memberships will continue to automatically renew after the agreed upon term unless Sweat Shop Hot Yoga is advised by the Student to cancel.
- Membership activation date begins from the date of purchase.
- Memberships are exclusively for personal use only and are non-transferrable and must not be sold, traded, gifted, shared, provided or otherwise transferred to any other person at any time.
- Please note Sweat Shop Hot Yoga may sometimes change terms and conditions, class schedule, teachers, opening and closing hours, services, facilities or fees and does not offer reductions, refunds, extensions, credits or transfers on Memberships for any reason.
- Membership fees will be charged in advance on the agreed upon charge frequency. Membership fees are agreed upon when signing up.
- It is the Student’s responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover applicable Membership fees.
- If a payment is declined for any reason, a non-negotiable $10 fee will be passed onto the Student and ability to book or attend classes will be suspended until all payments have been settled.
- Students will be permitted three (3) days to resubmit payment for declined auto renews.
- Sweat Shop Hot Yoga reserves the right to try for this payment until it is successful. For every attempt failing, this will attract an additional non-negotiable $10 fee.
- If the debit from the nominated bank account or credit card for a Membership fees fails after attempts lasting a period of 2 weeks or more, Sweat Shop Hot Yoga may in its absolute discretion cancel the Membership and a payout fee will apply.
- To avoid additional charges or disruption to your service please contact Sweat Shop Hot Yoga and let us know if you require an alternative payment arrangement or need to alter your payment schedule.
- Sweat Shop Hot Yoga is in no way responsible for additional fees that a Student may incur from their bank in relation to processing payment of fees for Memberships. Bank fees lie between you and your bank.
- By singing up for a Membership the Student agrees to the terms and conditions of Sweat Shop Hot Yoga.
Membership Cancellation Terms
- Sweat Shop Hot Yoga requires a 14-day notice to cancel Memberships and Packages.
- To cancel your membership, please email email@example.com
- Cancellations will not be accepted via telephone, in person, social media or any other method.
- Please note we are unable to backdate cancellations and any membership payments.
- All account debts must be settled before cancellation of membership, this includes all late cancellation and no show fees incurred.
- Cancellation of your Membership means that you will forfeit your secured membership rate.
Sweat Shop Hot Yoga does not offer returns, refunds, exchanges, extensions or transfers whether this be due change of mind, user error, injury, illness, pregnancy, change of address, change of financial circumstance or unsuitability. Please be mindful of this when accessing our website and booking system and when signing up for services and classes.